1. Eligibility. The Win Free Gas for a Year Contest is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and are registered Crown Card Rewards Members. Employees of Englefield, Inc. and other companies associated with the promotion of this contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Contest winners must be available to go and able to participate in an on-court activity during the Ohio State vs. Rutgers Men’s Basketball game on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 7:00pm.
2. Sponsor. The Win Free Gas for a Year Contest is sponsored by Englefield, Inc. dba Duchess, 1935 James Parkway Heath, Ohio, 43056.
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in this contest constitutes entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein. By registering your Crown Card and partaking in this contest you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
4. Time Period. The contest begins on December 1, 2019 at 12:00 AM EST and ends on February 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST. Entries that are submitted before or after this period will be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Sweepstakes using any of the following methods: Visits to any participating Duchess with use of registered Crown Card and purchasing participating items for extra entries.
5. How to Enter: Customers must register their Crown Card. Each visit (with Crown Card use) equals one entry into the contest during the time period as stated above. Each purchase of qualifying item(s) gains one extra entry into the contest.
6. Prize Drawing. On February 3, 2020, the sponsor will select potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of contest entries. The sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners via telephone on or about February 3, 2020. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, the sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries.
7. Winner Notification. The potential winners will be notified by telephone. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
8. Prizes. Three (3) Contestants will win two (2) suite tickets to the Ohio State vs. Rutgers Men’s Basketball game on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 7:00pm. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive $1800.00 (One thousand and Eight Hundred Dollars). Two (2) Runner-ups (non-winner of Grand Prize) will receive the amount of $250.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Dollars). Prize money’s intended use is for fuel purchases at any Duchess stores; however, it can be used at the winner’s discretion for other store items if they so desire. Free gas for a year prize dollar amount determined by standard gallons purchased by average consumer by year with average fuel price factored in. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Grand Prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes winner’s consent to the sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by sponsor in its sole discretion, the sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the contest to address the impairment and then resume the contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these official rules or (b) terminate the sweepstakes and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these official rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the contest. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the sponsor. If the prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, the sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. No transfer of prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the sponsor, and other companies associated with the contest from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of the prize including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) any other errors or problems in connection with the contest.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND BY ENTERING, ALL PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN. CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY.